Re: [Epic] IG and Planetary Assault Landings

From: Mike Bowen <mbowen_at_...>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 13:43:49 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 4 Jan 1998, J. Michael Looney wrote:

> > the most common are that if a friendly unit can trace a line back to the
> > players table edge, without enemy units in the way, are in supply.
> >
> > problem: you need to make rules for Zones Of Control and being
> > Out Of Supply. yuck. I don't like it on boardgames, really don't want it
> > in epic.
> >

> Ah, Epic already has ZOC's What do you think the magic 10cm range for Snap
> fire/FF is or the 15cm range for death after CC/FF is?

Yep, thats what I get for posting late at night. Brain fart.
It just didn't sink in, ZOC = snapfire range

For an Out Of Supply result, maybe reduce FP by some amount, instead of of
a mod to the to-hit roll. But what to do for AT shots?

Hmm.

or if you are out of supply, you get 2? BM's extra, at the beginning of
the next turn.

Yeah, I like that much better.

The nasty ZOC stuff I was thinking of was some of the old SPI methods
where all ZOCs were not equal--> some units had ZOCs, while others
didn't.

> Let me think on this as a bolt on for E41K.

I will add this into a couple of games, and see how it works

**

mike
**