Sv: [Epic] Painting Ulthwe Vehicles.

From: Jon Nielsen <jon_at_...>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 16:36:45 +0100

> I had no idea that Jay Leno's chin had such magical powers. wrote:
> > Hello:
> > I've been trying to paint the armor units for my Eldar army. I
an
> > choosen the Ulthwe craft world because A.) They got a cool history and
> > B.) The color scheme is simple. After following every and all
> > suggestions I could find I set to work painting my Falcons and Wave
> > Serpents. They look like crap. I don't know what the problem is but
> > no matter how hard I try I just can't get enough detail out of the
> > minis. In the end they just look terrible. Does anyone have any
> > suggestions for painting these things?

Mine looks fine. I spray them black, then pick out the pipes and such in
metal. I then
mix a grey from black and white (don't make it too bright). This is addet
to all the edges
and close to the edges of the smooth areas. The guns are then paintet
orange-red on a
 white base coat. The look a lot like the ones in WD 214 pg.53 (top) apart
from the
markings. Once you've done a few, it gets quite easy and fast. The tough
part is mixing
the correct shade of grey.
You say you can't get all the details out. Maby you use too much base-coat.
Best to spray them
lightly and then paint them with a thined-down black.

Jon "The Psyker" Nielsen
jon_at_...

This is Lameth, The Dark Messiah, signing off