Re: [Epic] blast markers & morale

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 1998 18:33:51 +1000

Kalle Marjola wrote:

> Ok, after a few battles it has come quite obvious that standard morale
> rules
> for blast markers are unsable.

Don't agree. That's what reserves are for. As soon as one unit
accumulates more than about 5 BMs, it should be replaced by a 'fresh'
unit (usually from the rear).

As regards a limit on the morale that could be lost - so far, I haven't
seen the problem manifested. Such a limit would be best based upon the
cost of the unit - the morale that it adds to its army. Probably a limit
of no more than X x Morale, so for example a 90 pt unit ( 2 morale)
could contribute no more than 2X per turn.
But again, with use of reserves, I've never seen the problem occur. Yes,
I've used 12 Pulsa Rocket units to cover an overwatching unit of Land
Raiders with BMs. Because that was the only possible way of forcing them
out! As it was, my opponent had another 2 units (of Space Marines) in
reserve, and it was they who took over before I could assault. The LRs
then proceeded to retreat (march) to the rear, recover their BMs (took
them 3 turns to get down to 5 from over 20), and then counter-attacked.

If you make it based on units, then Orks will start taking
all-Battlefortress anmd all-Gargant armies, so will be immune to Eldar
WaveSerpents main effects. Silly.

--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo