Re: [Epic] Whirlwinds and Griffons

From: Matthew Sprange <altsain_at_...>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 23:16:06 -0000

>What have people found these two vehicles are good at ???
>
>Any thoughts in general about them ???
>
>Cheers.

Yes! They are absolutely brilliant for repelling a Tyranid attack
(especially from Mycetic Spores) whilst leaving your main artillery to
concentrate on more important things. Here, their short range does not
matter, they are cheap and completely devastating on Overwatch!

For a long time I was trying to work out what to do with my useless
Whirlwinds, so try this use.

Also remember that in a recent WD, they suggested using Whirlwinds for AA
defence - brilliant for all marine armies.