Re: [Epic] blast markers & morale

From: Mike Bowen <mbowen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 23:05:29 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 6 Jan 1998, Thane Morgan wrote:

> Actually, its really not too hard to put 10 blast markers on a unit in
> one turn. "Good tactics" can allow you to protect your suppression units
> by good defense and delays. Try it sometime. Heres advice

True- but I plan it that the unit sucking up all those BM is to be
the target. I put units in a Detachment that the enemy really want to put
a hurt onto-- Titans, for example. I expect the attack to be carried out
by many other smaller dets., not the one one that the enemy is going to
paste.

Once a unit has many BMs, thats OK, because they should be leapfrogged
by fresh units. Let the others remove BMs, out of the fireing line.

Like you said, bikes can do evil things to a larger Detachment.
Thats why I like them-along with assault troops.

> The only good use for flak is defending artillery;

I dont like flak at all. Would rather spent the points on infantry, like
you suggest. Snap fire vs flyers is good. The rules for flak make the flak
units worthless.

> The new rules for blast marker liabilites
> will allow you to suppress a unit without artificially ending the game
> early.

I like that- a morale loss cap based on the units starting morale.

> Thane

**
mike
**