Re: [Epic] Net Epic

From: Peter Ramos <pramos1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 10:23:11 +0000

> Can units other than the one which is actually moving be "snap-fired"?
> If yes, then this would make the movement stage an early FF stage, which
> would damage the character of the game.

snap fire, to keep it simple, is at units moving currently, therefore if
a unit has not moved it cannot be snap fired.

Remember snap fire is to interdict movement, to permit otherwise would
give commanders a insight as to potential dangers that normally he would
not have. Example: firing at units that have not moved, because you
think later on they'll do somethin bad to you is not a logical way for a
commander to expend his snap fire resources. A charging united om the
other hand is a clear threat and thus a logical target. Finally, it will
eliminate a lot of arguments and in my experience cut down on cheesy
tactics(snap firing the enemies snap fire units before moving units).

This will also answer another question(yet unasked), how many times can
you target a same unit for snap fire. Answer, as long as he has not
completed movement take your shots, once unit completes movement he cant
be targetted again. This is to avoid the situation of that movement is
over and a player wants to take extra pot shots to see if he gets lucky.
Snap fire is a minute to minute decision if you do not fire while the
enemy is actively movement the golden opportunity is lost.

I am aware that a unit that does not move cant be snapped fired, but
thats the point- thats what first fire is for!

United we stand!
Peter