[Epic] More Basing. -Reply

From: <CLL_at_...>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 1998 15:37:44 +0000

Hello:
        All this discussion about basing and discussion has got me thinking. I
am in the process of repainting the vehicles in my Eldar army (I'm using
WHITE primer this time.) and I've decided to use the metal wargaming bases
for all my grav-tank minis. I glued a thumb tack to the base and mounted
the mini on the top of the tack to give it a "floating" effect. Because I'm
now using a metallic base, I plan buying some magnetic material (the kind
they make flexible fridge magnets out of) from a local paint store. I plan
on lining the bottom of a tupperware container with the flexible magnets
and using it as a method of safely storing and transporting my Epic minis.
        Right now I'm trying to find something that I could glue to the
bottom of my infantry bases to achieve a similar effect. It has to be cheap
and small enough to hide under the base.

I assume you are in the colonies somewhere so this may not help much, but
there is a company here in the UK that sells sheets and rolls of magnetic
material in various thicknesses. Sheets are A4 size (US 'legal' size ?).
  I can't remember the name off hand, I'll try and find out for you. They
regularly have a stall at the shows and conventions over here.
I'm using the stuff for Epic Space Hulk.
You could try cutting up and flattening used cans, but this is hard work and
vaguely dangerous in terms of blood loss.
Hope this of some help
Krass