RE: [Epic] {EPIC}Sample Detachments

From: Kalle Marjola <kalle.marjola_at_...>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 08:57:13 +0200

> Can people post some sample detachments and their tactical strenghts
> and
> weaknesses??

I have a list of sample detachments at my epic-page
http://www.iki.fi/marjola/gw/epic/dets.html, but unfortunately
no comments about strength or weaknesses. I will not flood
this list with them, so if someone without web-access wants
to see them, please email me. They are not all optimal, being
made more in my figure stores in mind and to be also used
by friends when they visit me for a fight. That's why they are
also usually rounded close to 50 pts, so it's faster to build
up an army without calculator... :)

In overall, small detachments are better than large ones, and
a mixture of fast and slow units is not a good idea in general,
fast ones becoming slowed doen by the slower ones. The main
point is to have certain use for the detachment and stick to it,
far better than try to do all-around detachments.

                                &Kalle