Re: [Epic] old metal order codes

From: Carl Billen <billenc_at_...>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 08:37:19 +0100

Hi everyone,

As I recently obtained the SM2 rules and Armies of the Imperium (second
hand), I noticed there were some old WD pages included in the bunch. One of
these pages (p.47; on p.48 were blue, red, green and yellow "Epic Infantry
Counters", this could be an indication to which WD it is) had the miniature
models of the Eldar Titan, the 4 Eldar walkers (which I asked to identify
some time ago), and the 4 old-style Imperial dreadnoughts, and ... the Land
Raider and Rhino. As the heading of the page read 'Adeptus Titanicus', I
guess that these are the metal figures you are looking for. They have the
following product codes :

700208 : Land Raider
700209 : Rhino
700210 : Contemptor Dreadnought with Banner
700211 : Contemptor Dreadnought
700212 : Furibundus Dreadnought
700213 : Deredeo Dreadnought

For those interested in the Eldar bits :

700201 : Eldar Titan (or it could be the large plastic base upon which the
titans are mounted)
700202 : Vampire Spirit Warrior (Walker)
700203 : Banshee Dreadnought
700204 : War-Walker
700205 : War Cry Dreadnought
700206 : Eldar Field Artillery (1 Lasgun (?), 1 Spotter and 1 Guard (?))

The individual titan bits :
700214 : Lascannon Wing
700215 : Head
700216 : Multi-Launcher Wing
700217 : Shoulder A (with horizontal stripes)
700218 : Shoulder B (no stripes)
700219 : Body
700220 : Power Fist
700221 : Pulse Laser
700222 : Legs
700223 : Feet

Furthermore, about the Vindicators, the following was written :

"The Mk1 is a Rhino with a small gun on the front. The Mk2 is a chunky
thing with no detail with a big cylinder on the front. The Mk3 is the new
one."

So, I believe the Mk2 is the UGLY thing on p.37 of "Armies of the Imperium",
while the Mk1 can be seen the "Epic battle scene" with the Capitol
Imperialis I once scanned and sent to different people. If this is the
case, I can scan the three types (if anyone is interested), and send them to
the person who is interested of making a "Epic Identification Guide" page.
There could be even a "Wot's dis" page, 'cause I have pictures of unknown
stuff :-) (I just don't want to send pictures to list, as it might not be
appreciated).

As I do all my mailing/surfing at my work, I don't have any 'webspace'
myself to make and place the pages, but if anyone is interested, I can
contribute by using the lovely scanner at my work ;-). Please note that I
will not be able to scan anything in the weekend...

Hope this helps,

Carl Billen
billenc_at_...