Re: [Epic] Close Assault

From: Christina Whyte-Earnshaw <eugenewhyte_at_...>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 05:00:34 -0500

>I am likely to win the combat and on the strength of me giving
>these 2 or 3 units a whooping, the whole Tyranid formation moves backwards,
>stalling his advance. A brilliant tactic, but it just does not seem very
>realistic.

A house rule that I will be using in my next game is that at least 1/3 of a
detachment must be engaged in assault/firefight for it to be broken if it
loses.

Incidentally, bear in mind that all the 'Nids within 15 cm get to offer
supporting fire, and furthermore, even if he does get broken by your attack
that shouldn't interfere all that much with his advance (due to the tyranid
special rules).

Eugene