Re: [Epic] More Basing.

From: Kevin Walker <sage_at_...>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 98 09:16:24 -0600

At approximately 1/8/98 10:30 AM, Andy Skinner wrote:
>Mark Siefert wrote, about putting metal under bases so they'd stick to
>magnets in his storage case:
>> Right now I'm trying to find something that I could glue to the
>bottom
>> of my infantry bases to achieve a similar effect. It has to be cheap
>> and small enough to hide under the base.
>
>why not just more flexible magnets? I think you could get a sheet
>that would cut up into a lot of strips the right size. They'd all
>be a little taller, of course. (I guess you could use a hole punch
>in a magnetic strip and glue your figures into that, hoping for a
>not-too-high base. I don't suppose the flexibility would be a good
>thing, though.)

If you don't like the height of a magnetic base, consider using pre-cut
metal squares and rectangles. There are several companies out there that
make them for ancients. The ones I'm using are about 10 cents a piece,
and either 40mm x 20mm, 40mm x 15mm, or 20mm x 20mm.

Kevin Walker Mac Developer / Software Engineer
sage_at_...
Rochester MN USA WAM!NET