Re: [Epic]Mounting HW (was Project Guard)

From: C.Sinclair <csi_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 08:50:59 +0000

It would appear that the current philosophy is that the Epic stands should
more closely represent the W40K squads. Consequently, a HW squad (W40K) of
3 HW and 6 crew translates to the basing scheme Dirk has pointed out.
Presumably the rationale is that you need 3 IG HW troopers to get the same
sort of firepower as 2 SM HW troopers and 3 SM grunts. The ratio of troops
to which you allude should be achieved by Main Force Selection (2 HW squads
for 3 Tac squads or whatever)

At 02:02 AM 1/13/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Dirk Vormann wrote:
>>
>> > To be honest I was not thinking about the current IG figures. (I
>> don't
>> > use GW figs for IG) IIRC the current HW team still goes on a
>> Infantry
>> > strip, with a couple of "normal" figures on the stand. The Platoon
>> Sgt
>> > is on of those dudes, not the grunt with the gun. I assume that all
>> > Epic stands have 5 troops on them, some of which are "special" and
>> some
>> > of which are normal infantry minis. In this case the HW troopers
>> > themself are not the NCO, it's on of the other ones on the stand.
>>
>> The new model support squad is supposed to be mounted:
>> 2 Autocannon Gunners with weapon
>> 2 Autocannon Loaders
>> 1 Missile Launcher Team
>> per base.
>>
>> This gives you 3 Weapon Teams, 5 minis and 6 Soldiers per base.
>> Any questions?
>
>Yeah, where did you get this "it supposed to be this way" info?
>
>The "historical" ration of HW to grunts is 1:4, maybe 2:3
>
>I know damn good and well that _I_ will not be putting that mix of
>troops on a stand.
>
>--
>Sillyness is the last refuse of the doomed. P. Opus
>--
>Geek code: GAT d-- s:-- a C+++ UL++ P+ L++ !E- W+++ N++ o K++ w+++ !o
>!M-- !V-- PS+ PE++ Y+ PGP t++ 5+ X R+++ tv+ b++++ DI++++ D G++ e+
>h---(*)
>r+++ y+++(**)
>http://www.spellbooksoftware.com

Cheers,