Re: [Epic] Falcon/Guardian

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 00:21:15 PST

Tu as �crit :

>Although I own epic, I haven't played yet and am planning my painting
>at
>the moment. I thought about a huge detachment of guardians (20 >stands)
all
>transported in 20 falcons. It came out to 700 some points. Is this
>wise?

OK, although this detachment is not legal I would like to warm you
against very big detachments.
Of course such formations are very strong (very big FP or assault value)
but you will have strong problems to manoeuvre it and to find cover. In
fact, in a 1000 points army, you will have this detachment and an other
but your opponent will use at least 3 or 4 detachments : he will be able
to harass you easily and his army will be far more easy to move.

In general, I try to use 100 to 300 points detachments, they are more
flexible.

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

                  Lord's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k
                Last Update : 01/14/97

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/