[Epic] detachment sizes for Marines

From: L. Brian Hayes <riverman_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 22:12:42 -0600

I was wondering what are the sizes of detachments that everybody runs. I
like the high firepower you can get with a larger detachment, but I also
read somewhere that if you take two smaller detachments that equal one big
one it would be better considering getting blast markers on the detachment.
It does seem to make sense that your opponent would have to split firepower
between the two smaller detachments instead of being able to pommel one
large detachment. A detachment that I'm thinking about is on I like quite a
bit. 10 LR's 5 Vindicators. One of the riders would be a commander. I find
this detachment works pretty good. Especially if I can get my opponent to
 allow me to get in overwatch and in range. 20 anti-tank shots are not
something you can laugh off easily. The vindicators are there mainly to
screen and soak up hits.

 "The Riverman" aka. L. Brian Hayes
     haysbo_at_"nospam"net-serv.com
    "What? The rivers up. Sure, I'll run it!"
    "Have Canoe, Will Travel"
     To Reply take out the "nospam"