Re: [Epic] Project Guard

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 20:39:20 -0600

Elias Tiliakos wrote:

> At 11:22 AM 1/19/98 -0800, you wrote:
> >Solution: Allow the Guard Infantry Detachment to take Tactical or Heavy
> >Squads in the 'Support' section [with the same options as Main Force]
> >of the Detachment list.
>
> This is the best idea I've heard yet. The only change I would make is that
> RR can be taken as support as well.

I agree that this would fix a lot of the problems.

In fact, that may be the best fix.

However....
<rant>
As it happens RR are allowed to be taken as support as it is. (see
latest Q&A) The still suck on a point for point basis when compared to
SM bikes, even when you take 6 stands of RR per command RR. The fact
that RR command units cost 11 points BEFORE you add in the 25 pt
"command bonus" tends to hurt. If you take a 7 RR detachment (1
command, 3 main force, 3 support) it will end up costing 1 point MORE
than 7 SM bikers, with the same limits (i.e. no heroes or psykers).
More than 7 RR and life gets REAL ugly. See my earlier rants.

</rant>