Re: [Epic] Flyers

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 12:12:32 -0500

Mark Humphries (EUKFINC1PO) wrote:

> Surely the Doomwing is the best point for point fighter, as it acts
> at the same time as a Nightwing but costs (give or take a point) the same as
> a TBolt.

        No, Doomwings only have an armor of 4+ (the other non-nid
flyers have armor of 5+ or 6), which makes them much more fragile
than Nightwings. Consider there's only a 1/3 chance to hit a
Nightwing, and a 1/9 chance of killing it. Doomwings are hit 1/2
of the time, and killed 1/4 of the time - that means they're more
than twice as likely to die as Nightwings.

> From: Michael Reed [SMTP:Reed_at_...]
> >
> > As a personal opinion, I'd actually give the "best all-rounder" to
> > the humble Orkfighter-bomma. They're as good as thunderbolts or doomwings in
> > an intercept,

        Doomwings have an intercept of 4. The only other flyer
that matches them in intercept value is the Nightwing.

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"The day will not save them. And we own the the night." - Warmaster
Horus