[Epic] Firepower and Blast Markers

From: Steve Sheldon <s_sheldon_at_...>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 12:08:39 PST

I have a little note of confusion from the recent Imperial tactics
article in 217. When a detachment fires, do you:
a: Calculate all firepower in range then deduct BMs
b: As above but deduct BMs from the detachment, not just those in range.

The reason I ask is a titan with three 60cm SHWs and a HWB with three
blast markers cannot fire at a target between 45 and 60cm in situation
a, but can fire freely in b. Which is right, I have always assumed b.
This would go a long way to sorting out the problem of when BMs affect
the fp of a detachment.
Steve