Re: [Epic] Imperial Guard Penguin

From: Carl Billen <billenc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 09:31:34 +0100

>>>I avoided birdlike names like Hawk and Eagle; because of its barrage it
>>>wanted to call it Dragon, but it was too small for such a name. I then
>>>thought of Dragonfly, which sounded nice, but the commanders and it
>>>passengers would always keep calling it 'the Flying Brick'.
>>
>>What about penguin or an emu?
>>Steve
>>

>Hehe love the penguin idea :)

Mmmm. The Orks are not the only ones to salvage vehicles from their
vanquished enemies. The Valhallan Imperial Guard often battles in cold
places, and because the 'Chicken' Sentinels are not effective enough in
those blizzard conditions, they needed a solid walker. After an assault of
the Orks they salvaged the Stompas left on the battlefield, and used them
for their own. As the Orks often use boilers and steam engines, the
Stompas are very cozy to travel in. The main customization is to add a
big, bright orange plasma gun in the head (often called 'the beak gun').
The front of the Stompa is painted white, as it will always face the enemy
and therefore be camouflaged in the snow, while the back is painted black,
to allow friendly troops to see where they stand in the snow.

Et voila ! The Imperial Penguin !

All this has been invented while I was typing it ^_^

Carl Billen
billenc_at_...