[Epic] IG storm troopers

From: Dirk Vormann <DVormann_at_...-duisburg.de>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 12:41:32 +0100 (MEZ)

How do you represent Storm Troopers?
minis: paint them black
rules: stubborn.
Not every storm trooper squad has a similar ability, but we have to use
something which is already in the rules and we have to give the whole det
the same ability in order to avoid confusion during the game.

This is virtually the same IG det I supposed earlier, non-humans and rough
riders removed, every unit +1 or +2 points for stubborn, limit on tanks is
dropped for unavailability of other support.

What do you think?

IMPERIAL GUARD STORMTROOPER DETACHMENT
(every unit is stubborn!)

Command
1 Detachment HQ (you must choose this, see notes) +25 points

1 to 3 Command Squads 8 points
Consists of 1 Imperial Guard unit (stubborn)
Extra cost to:
  Include a Captain (Hero) + 5 points
  Include a Primaris Psyker (Psyker) +10 points
  Mount in a Chimera (stubborn) +15 points

Main Force

Choose either 2 or 3 squads from the following list for each command squad
choosen.

Storm Trooper Tactical Squad 16 points
Consists of 2 Imperial Guard units (stubborn)
Extra cost to:
  Include a Comissar (Hero) in one unit + 6 points
  Mount in a Chimera (stubborn) +15 points

Storm Trooper Heavy Weapon Squad 16 points
Consists of 1 Imperial Guard unit (Heavy Weapons, stubborn)
Extra cost to:
  Include a Comissar (Hero) in one unit + 6 points
  Mount in a Chimera (stubborn) +15 points

Support

Make up to 9 choices from the following list, but you may not exceed the
number of choices made on the Main Force list.

Sentinel Squadron 9 points per unit
Consists of 1 to 5 Sentinels (stubborn)

Support Weapon Battery 15 points per unit
Consists of 1 to 3 support weapons (stubborn)

Leman Russ Battle Tank (stubborn) 34 points

Demolisher Support Tank (stubborn) 24 points

Griffon Mortar (stubborn) 21 points

Hellhound Flame Tank (stubborn) 14 points

Hydra Flak Tank (stubborn) 30 points

Notes: If the original HQ is eliminated the next unit below on the chain
of command becomes the new HQ.

Chain of Command:

Captain>Command squad>Any squad including a Comissar>Imperial Guard>Any unit