Re: [Epic] Beating Squats

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 10:11:43 -0700

Matthew Sprange wrote:

> >piss me off. Now then, these squats have been modified a bit (give
> >stubborn, and access to marauders and thunderbolts) but apart from that,
> >they are as they were in the Journal.
>
> Not going to be a lot of help to you, but there is a reason Squats don't
> have flyers. I assume he is still using Overlords & Gyrocopters.
>
> Stubborn is probably fair enough.

The squat rules we play with gives overlords extended snap fire range
against flyers (also treating them like the war machines they are).
Thunderfires have 60 cm range. That made up for the lack of flyers,
while keeping the squats "squatty". The squats already have a tremendous
ability to pound behind the enemy lines with Goliaths, so giving them
flyers is unneccesary with these rules. I'll will send a copy if you
like.

Thane