Re: [Epic] Plasma Annihilator and Hellstorm Cannon

From: Michael Reed <Reed_at_...>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 10:22:15 -0000

----------
> From: Michael & Catherine Goh <cmgoh_at_...>
> >> Okay ... how many blast markers required to disable the above weapons. My
> >> idea is that they are not super heavy weapons but are made up of a number of
> >> them - because they are not described under the super heavy weapon section.
> >> HOWEVER the plasma annihilator is really just a single barrelled weapon
> >> while the hellstorm cannon has numerous. blah blah blah blah blah.
> >
> >I would have thought lose one shot per blast marker, as per usual. There's
> >nothing in the rules to suggest that number of barrels has any effect on
> >firepower or blast marker reductions.
> > Mike Reed
>
> But then again a Pulsar (my continuous gripe) fires 1d6 shots but will be
> prevented from firing from 1 blast marker.

???? It is? Where did that come from? Seeing as a pulsar generates
D6 firepower for firefight purposes, I'd assumed you just lost one shot
per marker.

> In the Battles book it seems to indicate that muiltibarrelled weapons (or
> small heavy weapons) are treated as heavy weapon batteries (with multiple
> firepower) - whereas all other superheavy weapons are stopped by only one
> blast marker.

Not sure about the reference, but bear in mind that the vast majority of
units only use one or the other in a given battery. That, and the fact that
IIRC some single barreled guns (ork magnum cannon, for example) are
classed as heavy weapons batteries under the new rules. Hades, look
at the Gargant's shoulder guns - single-barrel weapons with firepower 4.
                                                Mike Reed