Re: [Epic] Latin

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 1998 23:34:14 +1000

Chris Pinson wrote:

> Could someone tell the Latin translations for the following ...
>
> War

Bellum, Bellis (pl), as in "Causus Belli" - a justification/cause of
War, Belligerent etc.

Bellum - (Nominative) ie subject of a sentence eg "War did this..."
Bellum - (Vocative) - when addressing a War (!)
Bellum - (Accusative) ie object eg "He hated War..."
Belli - (Genitive) - possesional, as in "A cause of War"
Bello - (Dative) - By, with or From War
Bello - (Ablative) - To or For War

Plural:
Bellae
Bellae
Bellas (?) Sorry, my Latin's rusty
Bellorum
Bellis
Bellis

> Death

Mors, Mortis as in "Mors Longa, Vita Brevis" Death is long, Life is
short, Mortal,Mortality etc.

> Pestilence

Pestilentia, Pestilentiae, as in -er- Pestilence.

> Famine

Fames as in Famine.

> These are to be the names of my four warhound titans.

Other goodies:

"Cum Scutum et Ignis" With Sword and Fire
"Per Adua as Astra" - Through struggle to the stars
"Radix Malorum" - the Root of Evil

--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo