Re: [Epic] rampage and save

From: Peter Andersson II <cokke_at_...>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 15:20:53 +0100 (MET)

> > I'll pull out my favorite counter example: Units riding in a vehicle
> > that is destroyed and fail the normal 50% save are destroyed. However
> > if they have the save ability they get another 50% save, as per that
> > ability.
> > This one's in Allen's Q&A.
> >
> They are not being hit and would not get thier save. If the troop
> was in a vehicle and within 15cm at the end of a CC, he wouldbe destroyed as
> well as the vehicle.

I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. I'll try to be
more precise.

Well, I'll just quote the Q & A:
Question: When a transport carrying an infantry unit with the save
          ability is destroyed, what happens to that transported unit:

a) The infantry unit is destroyed on a roll of 1,2 or 3 as per pge 15
   of the rules.
b) The infantry unit is destroyed on a roll of 1, 2 or 3 only if it
   also fails its saving throw with a second 1, 2 or 3.

Answer: b)
This was the answer given by Jervis.

My point, then, being that rampagers might also get a save when they're
destroyed, if they have the save ability.

People are paying to much attention to the words "when recieving
a hit". As shown in the above ruling the save ability does work in
other cases.

Incidently this is the same problem as the GD save in the old EPIC.
Some people believed GD:s only could save (with card) when shot, because
the text said when recieving a hit. However the correct answer was that
they could always save (unless it was a psychic attack).

> Regards
> Mark

cokke_at_... | http://www.acc.umu.se/~cokke | Peter "Cokke" Andersson
My language is my own and any resemblance to any real language is purely
coincidental.