Re: [Epic] rampage and save

From: Richard Bright <r.bright_at_...>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 1998 08:45:31 +1300

>>Peter Andersson II wrote:
>> People are paying to much attention to the words "when recieving
>> a hit". As shown in the above ruling the save ability does work in
>> other cases.

>Scott Shupe answered:
>It depends. Do the transport rules say that carried infantry
>receive a hit if the transport is destroyed, or do they just say,
>"transported infantry dies unless you roll 4+"?

Page 15 doesn't describe transported troops as being "hit". It simply says
"If a transport which is carrying units is destroyed roll a D6 for each
unit on board....on a roll of 1,2 or 3 the unit perishes with the
transport." I know that this is a very legalistic approach to interpreting
the rules, and I am not having a go at anyone!

The main problem is that yet again AC has written contradictory rules
because he is a poor rules writer and has only a tenuous grasp of English
grammar! He has learnt very little from Epic 2.

Richard

Richard Bright
IT Education & Liaison Coordinator
Information Technology Systems & Services

The University of Auckland Ph: 64 9 373 7599 ext 6787
Private Bag 92019 Mobile: 025 280 6836
Auckland Fax: 64 9 373 7016
New Zealand Email: r.bright_at_...