Re: [Epic] Uncheesy detachments

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 22:35:40 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from Epic: 5-Feb-98 Re: [Epic] Uncheesy detachm.. by "Michael
Reed "_at_btintern
> > >What do you do to come up with uncheesy detachments
> > >Ex: 10 Land Raiders; 10 warbikes with 10 Speedstas with Death Rays; etc.
> > >
> > >How do you avoid it?
> >
> > Play SM/TL!!
> >
> > (It works for me...)
>
> Yep, with such beauties as the Land Raider company (10 LRs)
> and the renegade mekboyz detatchment (8 speedstas). Epic 40K
> has faults and weaknesses compared to SM, but the ability to cheese
> out armies is not one of them.

Um, in that case, why is the original poster asking for uncheesey E40K
detachments? Anyway, as for LRs, the SM/TL LR is not nearly as bad as
the E40K LR... I think that's one reason why people were so aghast at
the LR, becuase it went from "decent" to "stompy" (while the Leman Russ
went from "weak" to "decent", IIRC).

> The only real solution to cheese I've seen, in any system, is players
> restricting themselves.

Too true, unfortunately, as many people don't seem to restrict
themselves. I made it a point to only field one Overlord company in a 3
or 4000 point battle; even then, they tended to do *very* well for
themselves. Then I heard about how ome Squat armies fielded two or even
three Overlord companies in 4000 points... that's half your army!!!
Yeesh....

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...