Re: [Epic] Uncheesy detachments

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 23:34:21 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from Epic: 5-Feb-98 Re: [Epic] Uncheesy detachm.. by "Steve
Sheldon"_at_hotmail.
> >>How do you avoid it?
> >
> >Play SM/TL!!
> >
> I stopped playing SM/TL because it was too easy to make cheesy units.
> The way I stop cheesiness is to build a detachment on a theme, eg a
> company of space marines, a historic unit. It adds some background and
> makes you build units that aren't dependant on theor stat line.

<sigh>
The thing is, this is also a very easy thing to do in SM/TL! In fact,
from what I've heard, the main problems with SM/TL showed up when people
ignored the background (which wasn't hard, and isn't hard to do in E40K
either) and just took good units -- i.e., three Overlord companies for
the Squats, which I menioned earlier.

Again, I agree with you -- stop cheese by building your army on a theme,
which was entirely possible in SM/TL.

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...