Re: [Epic] Variation Rules

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 1998 18:39:32 -0700

Miller, Chris wrote:

> > I suggest the creation of closely cosseted units on the sheets
> > that
> > came with Epic40k and then randomly picking them from a "deck". How
> > many
> > real world commanders could hand-pick their force availability's?
> >

> > sauron1_at_...
> >
> ---------> Uh Oh - somebody's going to get mad if you try to bring cards
> back into the game...
> (I couldn't believe the venom people had for this. As if the cards were
> one of the major flaws in SM/TL - too many special rules, OK, but the
> cards?)
> Chris Miller

Maybe build in 200 point increments (some 400 pt units, some 600 as
well); then pick until you reach an agreed total.

I've been toying with the idea of having your opponent build detachments
for you and then picking from those detachments. I want to wait until
the newer players get better at the game.

Thane