[Epic] Citadel Journal

From: COOK MATTHEW JOHN <PBS4661_at_...>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 16:01:27 +0000

On 6 Feb 98 at 15:19, A. Allen McCarley wrote:

> > But a war engine would have the best targeting systems and the most
> > stable weapon mounts around.
>
> In a sensible world, perhaps. However, according to the fluff they seem
> to have the least sophisticated targetting systems. Some melodramitic
> nonsense about, even on huge war machines, once you cram in all those
> big guns and meters thick armor there simply isn't any room left
> for sophisticated targetting systems. Judging from the CJ rules
> for targetting towers I rather got the impression that this lack of
> sophistication is why WE's can't get rerolls.

> Allen (The Q&A guy)
> Check out the EPIC and EPIC 40K Q&A Pages at:
> http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/~amccarle/default.html
> If you have questions about EPIC 40K and can't find the answers
> in the rule books, send them to:
> allen_at_...
> They will be passed on to Jervis Johnson and Andy Chambers.
I'm afraid you cant judge anything on the basis that its is from
Citadel Journal unless this article was an exception to the norm.
The normal for the journal is just an excuse for GW to publish gamers
ideas and make a few more bucks for hardly any work (just tart em up
and stick em in).
At least this seems to bear true of all the ones I've seen, allthough
I must admit haven't bothered buying it recently.
The rules therefore are sometimes very silly and are not sanctioned
or checked as far as I can tell. I rember reading one that was just
taking the piss out the rules someone created (or at least it seemed
to me). Okay so they might not have been brilliant even if the guy
that sent them in thought they were but GW publishing them and making
him look like a fool was extremly bad in my opion.

Some rules are good but that is only the quality done by the players
themselves
Got to cut this short unis closing..

       *** THE COOKIE MONSTER RETURNS ***
AKA: Ghaz,Ghazgkull,Mat,Sparrow,Cookie,Walter Tatum,
     Alberto Giovanni,Damien Black