Re: [Epic] Uncheesy detachments

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 14:58:08 -0500

Miller, Chris wrote:

> > Also, there are cheesy companies, upon which there are
> > zero restrictions... the titan BGs come to mind here. It's
> > pretty damn silly when a single warlord costs you 900 points
> > and a special slot while THREE warlords costs you 1500 points
> > and GIVES you a special slot (and 5 more support slots).
>
> ----> BG's are great when everyone has them, but if you only
> have 1 titan, you're going to get screwed. Get 'em in threes.

        Well sure if everyone has one that it isn't as big a
problem, but I object to the BGs on principle. I don't agree
with the idea of getting something for nothing when that
something is not inconsiderable (like a titan). I wouldn't
have a problem with them if they lowered the cost of the
individual titans to match their BG cost (reavers - 333 points,
warlords - 500 pts, etc). Really, if a single reaver is worth
500 points, why are 3 only worth 1000? Abusing point-based
systems may be impossible to stop, but things like that only
excaberate the problem.

        This sort of thing doesn't happen in E40k since point
costs are by unit and not by platoon/company and you don't
get much of anything for free (well, marines get stubborn for
free, but besides that).

        mini-rant off.

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"Omigod! The dead have risen and they're voting Republican!" - the
Simpsons