Re: [Epic] Net Epic

From: Jason Robinson <ewing_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 12:14:34 +0200 (EET)

 Replying yo my own messages... :)

On Fri, 14 Feb 1997, Jason Robinson wrote:
> > It has always bothered me that you're not allowed to even when its
> > tactically useless. Chaos wouldn't care, they're just returning to their
> > immortal selves in the warp. Imperials wouldn't care, as the greater good
> > is all that matters and everyone is just a servant of the Emperor/Machine
> > God. Orks certainly don't care, because they're Orks, with the same for
> > Tyranids. And Squats and Eldar could probably be explained by the fact that
> > they're not stupid. If barraging a losing battle of CC means the difference
> > between killing a detachment of your own men, and losing your entire army, I
> > think the choice is clear.
> This was an ork and chaos specialty, IMHO, shouldn't be generalized.

 Which brings up memories. I lost a campaign battle against chaos partly
 to chaos being able to kill their own. I had engaged my opponents
 chaos space marine legion and their supporting company size land raider
 force in CC with a veteran company, a tactical company and a IG bike
 company. Also, there was a chaplain and some marine commanders.
 I caught all of them, except one detachment, without having to suffer
 defensive fire. What did he do? He flies two of those big chaos shv
 bombers that have that twin flame cannon and a detachment of those
 smaller fliers with the flamer and covers the whole CC area with flames!
 (with his last moves, of course (we used alternating movement))
 I swamped him in CC only to see 80% of my surviving troops burned...

 My point? Keep the "barrage my own units" specialty for those who
 would really do something like this; Chaos & Orks.

        - Jason

 Ps. Happy Valentines day!