Re: [Epic] Net Epic : Barraging your own units

From: nethol <nethol_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 15:19:25 +0200

> From: Spatula <shupes_at_...>
> > Also, I suggest adding the ability to barrage your own units if you
want to.
> > It has always bothered me that you're not allowed to even when its
> > tactically useless.
> > If barraging a losing battle of CC means the difference
> > between killing a detachment of your own men, and losing your entire
army, I
> > think the choice is clear.
>
> To the general, sure. The grunts being fired upon and the
> gunners shooting at their friends might see things differently.

I agree to the last statement. I was in the army as an artillery
lieutenant, and saw a lot of barrages. Considering that the ones spotting
for the barrage are mostly the guys on the front, they wouldn't wish it
upon (literally) themselves. Shelling your own units do occur from time to
time, but they are never intentional (our scatter dice reflects this).

S. Birol Akmeric

nethol_at_...