Re: [Epic]Insiginia

From: Matthew Sprange <altsain_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 22:55:27 -0000

>Get away with swastikas in England?
>
>Why do you say that? Because GW puts swastikas all over their orks?

Forgive me, I miss the Ork reference, but in England, I think the majority
view would be 'we beat the Germans, so isn't it amusing to have an army like
this'.

This is NOT my reason for doing the Waffen SS, I have outlined my reasons in
other posts.

>But anyway, whats the big deal with swastikas on the minis? WWII gamers
paint
>swastikas on their tanks all the time, whether you like it or not they were
>universally used insignia on WWII german units.

Partly my point.

>So to represent a German SS unit swastikas are essential, as are the sieg
>runen, i.e. victory runes, the lightning bolts, SS.

Wouldn't go this far, I think swastikas are a little anti-40k, but the sieg
runen would work well.