Re: [Epic]Americans in UK

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 15:18:24 -0500 (EST)

"J. Michael Looney" <mlooney_at_...> writes:

> > >--------> So was it the boots or the hat?
> > >: )
> >
> > Ummm, if you want the truth, we have a joke here that all Americans
> > are fat.
> > How much do you weigh?
>
> 150 lbs. That would be 68 Kg. At 5' 10" (177 cm) that is NOT fat.

        Same here (maybe 1 cm taller and 1 pound heavier), though I
was up to 160 about a year ago until I started eating healthier food.
But no matter how healthy us wargamers are (pass the beer and
pretzels, will ya?), I think over a third of the American Population
is obese. (which is far, far worse than half of us being overweight)
It's an unfortunately a stereotype with a lot of support to it.

Mark