Re: [Epic] New Tyranid player

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 21:23:30 +1000

Erik �stberg wrote:

> Hello all
> I am a new player to Epic 40k.
> I've bought a few Tyranids, namely:
> 4 plastic boxes
> 1 blister Hive Tyrants
> 1 blister Dactylis
> 1 Harridan
> 1 Hierophant
>
> I need to know what to buy next and if there are any tactics that
> work well with Tyranids, especially against Orks.

a) Mycetic Spores. Wait till the "Green Wave" hits your front (you may
have to advance your front a bit to time this right) then hit him with a
bunch of Genestealers from the rear. Odds are he'll lose the CC, have to
retreat, oops, nowhere to retreat to, EXIT.
b) Assault Spawn carrying CCers. These can hit him starting from outside
45cm range.
c) ALWAYS mix in SOME termagents so you don't automatically lose the
Firefight. 3:1 against is better than 4:1 against.
d) Get some Biovores.

Good Ork Tactics vs Bugs:
a) A screen of sacrificial Gretchin. After it gets assaulted out of
existence, the shooty boys proceed to massacre the bugs with firepower.
b) Oh goodie, a Hierophant. 4 Speedstas with Death Rays should do the
job.
c) Have a gargant screened by some sacrificial troops. With a Gargant to
back em up, they can even win.
d) Units of 12 Big Gunz and 6 Boyz work wonders.

--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo