Re: [Epic] re: americans in UK

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 21:31:32 +1000

J. Michael Looney wrote:

> <silly>
> Ok, what country is known for saying "No Worries"? (at least in American
> pop culture)
> What W40K race is known for saying that? (at least according to old
> fluff)
>
> This leads us to --
>
> Ogryns are Australians.
> </silly>

Actually this is true. No Wuckers.

Translation from Strine:

No Wuckers -> Usual Contraction of No Wucking Furries, a polite and
deiberate spoonerism for No F never mind, I'm sure you get the picture.

Strine-> (obsolete) name for Australian English. As in "Ayua Strine?"
(Are you Australian?). Look up "Afferbeck Lauder" sometime, he wrote
some excellent books, eg "Let Stalk Strine".

BTW I'm 88 kg, 175cm, ie bordering on obese ( BMI >30 ) but only look
overweight.
--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo