Re: [Epic] OFF TOPIC Americans in UK

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 10:01:53 +1000

k.laidlaw_at_... wrote:

> To estimate how overweight you are ;-
>
> Take your weight in kilograms and divide by the square of your height in meters.
> If the result is much over 22 then you need to look at your diet.

Yes-ish

The World Health Organisation classifies 30+ as being obese. I hapen to
be working on a medical disability classification system at the moment
(Department of Veteran's Affairs) so know a bit about it. I'd say 25
rather than 22. And if it's less than about 18, you are undernourished,
or real skinny.
--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo