Re: [Epic] Pure Titan Armies (and Epic 40K)

From: Dan Lobb <danlobb_at_...>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 08:10:49 -0800

Brett Hollindale wrote:

> >How about objectives? How are they done in Epic 40K?
> >That would make a difference for Titans vs other troops.
> >

> The guy at GW (who played a game of E40K) told me that there were no
> objectives, only "morale" (hows that, Temp?) and as a unit broke you lost
> some "morale" and if it was destroyed completely you lost some more "morale"
> and eventually, when your "morale" was low enough, your army routed and the
> game was lost.
>
> It sounds to me like "morale" (in this context) is like "victory points" in
> EPIC and every army is like the tyranids for how they collect VP.
>
> Of course, Rumour Control might well have better information than me...
>
> Agro

That sounds like a better game to me. I have never liked the arbitrary
assignment of objective counters to otherwise meaningless terrain
features. I have drifted into playing the Tyranids for this reason.
Although I chaff at the limited ability to give units orders, I can
ignore that objective counter the other places on open ground.

danlobb_at_...