Re: [Epic] One more time..

From: Colen 'Not Colin' McAlister <brother_morgan_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 19:13:35 +0000

One fine day in the middle of the night, Alun Gallie spoke:
>Greetings all,
>
>Thanks to those that sent me personal emails encouraging me to stay with the
>list. I will give it one more crack as I consider it a valuable resource to
>epic players everywhere and have learnt much since being involved. It is
>disappointing to see it deteriate to the level it has reached recently due
>to the actions of a small few. If these peoples intention is to join a
>mailing list simply to destroy it then they are going the right way about
>it. I note a drop in posts from some of the more senior (in terms of time on
>list) posters since this has started and miss their contribution. You can
>only ask so many times..
>Please Please keep this list on topic and leave the irrelevant crap to
>private posts or other lists where that behavior is acceptable.
>Prehaps its time the list got some more established control and action
>started to be taken against those that abuse the PRIVELAGE of being a member
>of this excellent, information gaming aid.
>Please, those that find the previous weeks behavior unexceptable, make it
>known. The majority still rules.

For some reason, this issue has also just come up on the Warhammer list.
Wargfang put up a theory that, as a list grows, the amount of flameage
increases until people get bored and leave, at which point it shrinks
and starts all over again. The off-topic threads seem to have died down
now, so it should be safe to come out from behind the sofa. :o)

--
Colen 'Not Colin' McAlister, wargamer extrordinaire     X
 http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arena/4368/    OOOX===========>