Re: [Epic] Support Weapons Convesions..

From: Alun Gallie <S0220770_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 09:42:12 +1030

>When I asked about SWs at my GW store two days ago I was
>told that they were not being released because SWs are no
>longer part of the 40000 universe!
>
>This is the same crowd who dreamt up the "Squats are a
>dying race" line.
>
>I am beginning to think that they hold weekly staff
>meetings just to come up with daft utterances to annoy me.
>I find it hard to believe such consistent stupidity can be
>generated off-the-cuff :-)
>
>If anyone from GW is lurking, here's some free advice:
>train your staff in Auckland, New Zealand!
>
>Lest you think I just a grumpy old sod (I'm much more than
>*just* a grumpy old sod), I'll admit that they're a
>friendly and enthusiastic bunch. Unfortunately they are
>also a bit clueless, and unless you're Alicia Silverstone
>'cluelessness' is not good. Hmmmm... Alicia Silverstone.
>
>Richard "Grumpy Old Sod" Bright

I've learnt that the last people to ask about GW releases are the staff at
GW stores. I had to tell the ones at the local store that Bloodbowl is being
re-released, they didn't know and wouldn't believe me until I showed them a
print out from GW's own web page.
I agree about being a friendly bunch but find them over enthusiastic myself.
I feel like I'm getting mobbed every time I walk in and consequently avoid
the experiance as much as possible.
As far as pricing goes got a huge surprise this week when I got a mail order
catalougue for DBM stuff. I am buying a full rule book, an army list book
and two full 6mm armys (French 100yrs war and Vikings) and with postage will
get change out of $70 ($47 US) and these 6mm figures are all metal ! Now
lets see if I used that same $70 on GW what could I get ? I always knew it
was bad but hadn't realised it was that bad.
Cheers
Alun