RE: [Epic] Boxed Set

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 10:21:37 -0600

        ---------> What? Oh, no, no, no issues here <slap>

> Heck, wait until you get married! <grin> Actually my wife is very
> accomodating but sometimes I strain my 'budget' and her kindness with
> impulsive expansions to my Epic hordes.

---------> Yep - some of my friends married female gamers (a rare breed)
but I didn't, though she knew all about it (dated 6 years first - best
to get all this out in the open). Now, I just get frisked for receipts
whenever I've gone off by myself.
   I also have a tendency to go overboard whever there's a "bargain" -
like going out of business sales, an auction, closeout sales on a given
product, etc. I haunt the used bookstores etc around here for used
rulebooks and things too. It's good, except that if I would have spent
$50 on new stuff and find it on sale, I still spend the $50 - I just get
more stuff.
   Now it's gotten to the point I have to spend a fair amount on
infrastructure to hold all the minis. I have 2 of those metal light-duty
shelves you see at K-Mart, Wal-Mart etc, which have 8 shelves in a 5'
high package - crams a lot of mini's into a small space, as I have
Marines, Eldar, Chaos and way too many Orks for WH40K, Chaos, High
Elves, and Orcs for WHFB, all the various epic stuff, and about 130
Battletech minis (hey - that's over a 12 year period or so, and about
120 of them are painted, flocked, etc). And I still dont have enough
room. It's a pain when you move too, as something _always_ gets broken.

Free tip in case you didn't know: Those "Printer's Trays" you sometimes
see at craft stores for displaying pointless little things like
dollhouse parts or miniature watering cans or salt shakers or something
work great for keeping minis out where you can see them, but up out of
the way. For epic,they work best for vehicles. If you're like me, you
hate to put a mini you just spent a week painting away in a dark box
where no one can see it. Just don't put it on a wall near a door which
will be slammed a lot. They usually don't take falls well.

Chris Miller