Re: [Epic] Placing Orders

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 19:34:54 -0700

Matthew Sprange wrote:

> >I was just wondering, how do ya'll place order markers on detachments
> >... Place them when the detachment first moves or place them all
> >before any detachments move (like SM/TL) or secretly. The rulebook
> >doesn't specify and I was wondering if their was a concensus.
>
> We tend to do it by Strategy Ratings - lowest places first. Same games for
> declaring Flyer Missions.
>
> Anyone have any better ideas?

We've played a lot of different ways. The rules seem to indicate that
you place them when you move; which can make flak even less effective.
We've rolled to alternate placement. We've just placed the damn things.
I want to try hidden placement, then reveal once movement initiative has
been determined. I need to make counters first.

Incidently, for those who still play TL: we played several games where
we kept orders hidden until we actually fire the units. This was really
cool.

Thane