Re: [Epic] Boardgames (OFF TOPIC)

From: COOK MATTHEW JOHN <PBS4661_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 12:51:32 +0000

On 19 Feb 98 at 14:14, Larry \ wrote:

> I'm really interested in hearing your scenario for your Dark Tower game. The
> thought of Gilead gunslingers battling The Good Man sounds like it could
> work into a pretty decent game.
>
> Liquid

Maybe you misunderstood I'm talking tabletop roleplay using White
Wolf Mortal and Mage system with a few adaptions of my own thrown in
NOT minatures.
Who do you mean by 'The Good Man'? Heard refered in the books as
Marten, Merlin, the Ageless Stranger but dont rember ever The Good
Man.
Actually the idea of IG cult of Gunslingers from world lost contact
with sounds cool allthough would have to try and find some western
6mm figs for it and don't know if they would exist. Would have no
access to tanks but would have cavalry abilities plus maybe stubborn,
rapid fire etc.
My idea for the tabletop roleplay (NOT minatures) is to take the
characters through the first three books at least with similar
encounters and characters gened to players wishes but with
restrictions like whoever plays the gunslinger has all background pre
done by me, must have ablilities including
firearms 3
tracking
empathy (maybe only allow 1)
mage lore (again only to low level and only if wanted)
enigmas 2 or more (all those riddles)
fast talk (diplomat)
dodge 2 or more
etc.
Not sure what other characters will be exactly, thinking of trying to
convince the 1 female to play mage in wheelchair with split
personality, half of the personality being man hater etc and giving
party an opportunity to bring back togethor like in the book.
The city scene should be pretty cool, will probably stretch that out
a bit more. Maybe make the city one very similar in some way to one
on earth with famous landmark, statue of liberty maybe where all the
earth characters would come from.
Toying with the idea of other race characters not in the rules maybe
orks, I allways like orks, allthough probably not as a PC(player
character).
If you want more info on my ideas Im sure I could bounce them off you
and it would help me but not got time at the mo.
Bye For Now

         *** M J COOK ***
AKA: Ghaz,Ghazgkull,Mat,Sparrow,Cookie,Walter Tatum,
     Alberto Giovanni,Damien Black,Joshua,Dct Strank
     Peter Jones & some I can't remember!