Re: [Epic] Ork Help - Where

From: Sean Smith <seans_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 05:39:09 +1300 (BST)

On Tue 24 Feb, COOK MATTHEW JOHN wrote:
> On 23 Feb 98 at 8:42, J. Michael Looney wrote:
>
> > COOK MATTHEW JOHN wrote:
> > >
> > > I sent a mail to the list last week on help building my Ork army into
> > > detachements and recieved virtually no replies appart from one person
> > > about Wierdboyz and I made that point myself.
> > > I know was quite a long message so some poeple could be considering
> > > it but if not can I repost and somepeople take a look please?
> >
> > Check out the Waagh-Tunez at
> > http://www.spellbooksoftware.com/epic/detachents/Waagh-Tunez/ for some
> > examples of how to lay out various ork clans in Epic 40K.
>
> Will have a look thanks when I get a chance.
>
> > I don't
> > recall your exact questions, but as I recall you were asking how to
> > mount boyz
> <SNIP>
> Nope this wasn't one of the questions. I asked advice on what bases
> to use ie new or old for minatures I'm painting up from new as
> thought may look odd with the rest mounted on the old square bases.
> I asked three main questions
> What to paint next?

  My suggestion is that you do what I did (and suspect many players on
  this list have done) is play two or three games with unpainted figures.
  Or , horrors of horrors, with just unpainted card board cut up to
  represent the base size of each unit and write on the card board what
  the unit is. This way you can try various combinations and see which work
  best, before you have paint them in their particular detachments colours.

> What do I need to buy if anything?

  I deleted you mail without looking at it, basically because the list gets
  dozens of people asking what they should buy. I am a bit grumpy I guess,
  but I figure if I can work out what I need in my army by myself, why can't
  others. my suggestion is that you do the adove, play a few games find out
  what works for your style of play then by it, or if you know someone who
  already has an Ork army, borrow some of their figures for a couple of
  games.

> How to organise this list into detachments that are effective?

  As above. I mostly figured out which detachment combinations are
  effective by doing some simple maths before even playing a game.
  I then played some games to make sure my theories were correct

> I then listed all the forces I had painted or otherwise.
> Would you or others help if I repost?

> *** M J COOK ***
> AKA: Ghaz,Ghazgkull,Mat,Sparrow,Cookie,Walter Tatum,
> Alberto Giovanni,Damien Black,Joshua,Dct Strank
> Peter Jones & some I can't remember!

---
Sean Smith
Seans_at_...