RE: [Epic] Blood Bowl (semi-OT ; hey, same universe (more or less ))

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 16:56:09 -0600

> I've actually enver played Blood Bowl, though I've heard about it from
> two
> friends who do. What is it like?
>
> Shervin

--------> IT"S CHEAP!
Well, for a GW game, anyway - one big box, one small box, one of their
usual twenty-some odd dollar boxes of minis for a team. If you can
resist the temptation to field more than one or two teams, it's about
the cheapest game I've seen short of 'Quest. It is fun, too. I will say
that I didn't buy the game, I just fielded a friend's spare team in a
local league. And a league is really what makes the game. I imagine most
GW-heavy stores will be sponsoring one, and I would consider that fairly
important.

I'll leave the actual details of gameplay to someone else...I'd say
check an old WD but I found the BB battle reports to be about the most
tedious thing they've ever put in the mag. I'm sure someone will post
them.

Now, to make it relevant:
 BB team stats in E40K
Move
 10 (15 for elves)
Firepower
 0 (1 if you have a thrower with some special skill)
Range
0 (15cm if above applies)
Assault
5 (hey - they're wearing spiked EVERYTHING and assault is their
JOB)
Armor
4+ (5+ for Orcs & Dwarves - anyone with toughness 4+)

Certain teams would be eligible for Rampage, Save, probably all would be
Stubborn, and some might be Infiltrators...

Modeling Tips:
Take whatever mini's you want, and add spiky bits.
(Actually, the Marine Sergeant makes a great BB figure for humans, an
ork Nob with the banner cut off also works well, the Marine Captain
looks like a catcher (receiver) if you cut off the banner and the sword
he's holding aloft - then it just looks like he's reaching for the ball.
Harlequins look like a running back or a receiver heading downfield, the
old Eldar gunners look kinda like a blocker as do the banner bearers if
you cut off the banner..
There were also Ogre and Minotaur Star Players - use figures as
appropriate.

Another useless bit of information,
brought to you by:

Chris Miller