RE: [Epic] RGMW Newsgroup.

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 08:28:55 -0600

> Sauron1 writes;Chris;
>
> Conflicts in rules changes between versions somehow leads to
> personality
> conflicts problems. When WRG came out with, I believe 7th edition of
> the
> Ancients rules, the changes were so dramatic it caused a split in my
> Wargame
> club with six original members forming their own group.
>
> As many of both groups are leaders in the WRG Ancients fields, and
> we
> have twice ran the North American National championships, this has
> caused
> quite a strain on the club.The split lasts to this day and most of us
> no
> longer even game in WRG Ancients.

--------> Similar thing when Battletech added the "clans" and brought in
a whole seperate tech base superior to what was in the game already.
Before, it was trying to optimize a design where evryone was playing by
the same set of rules, but adding more advanced tech ruined that for
many people. We had a sizeable group meeting on a weekly basis, with an
RPG campaign, one-offs, the whole bit - then as you say, a big split
with the new stuff, and it's never been the same.

Chris Miller