Re: [Epic] trivia quiz 3&4

From: Michael Reed <Reed_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 23:40:22 -0000

----------
> From: C.Sinclair <csi_at_...>
> To: space-marine_at_...
> Subject: Re: [Epic] trivia quiz 3&4
> Date: Tuesday, February 24, 1998 2:01 PM
>
> At 11:23 PM 2/23/98 +1000, you wrote:
> >Dirk Vormann wrote:
> >>
> >> This time it is very easy!
> >>
> >> Question 3: Which term was first and what did it mean?
> >>
> >> "emperor class titan"
> >> "emperor titan"
> >> "imperator titan"
> >
> >I'll have to look this one up in Adeptus Titanicus.
> >
> >> Question 4: name all imperial titans
> >
> >a) Fred, George, Bill...
> >b)Apart from the Warhound and Reaver, individual configurations of
> >Warlord used to have different names. And there's at least one
> >additional Emperor Class Titan named in "Codex Titanicus" in TL (SM2).
> >
> The Warmonger (apparently there were mock-ups for a mini release, but it
> never happened). I can't remember the names of all the variants either
> (Nemesis and Deathbringer reing a bell though).

OK, mad memory mode. As I recall, in descending order of weight, the
variant designations were:

Warlord - Nemesis, Deathbringer, Eclipse, Nightgaunt

Reaver - Goth, Vandal, Hun

Warhound - Wolf, Mastiff

Basically, the warlord and reaver had variants with fewer weapon mounts
and shields but greater mobility. The fluff ran that these were Horus Heresy
variants converted because Warlord titans were the only available hulls, but
there was still a need for lighter machines to cover the roles normally taken
by the reaver and warhound.
                                        Mike Reed