[Epic] Re: trivia quiz 3&4-answers

From: Dirk Vormann <DVormann_at_...-duisburg.de>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 11:30:12 +0100 (MEZ)

> Question 3: Which term was first and what did it mean?
>
> "emperor class titan"
> "emperor titan"
> "imperator titan"

2 answers quoted, the first one better because "emperor titan" was in fact
the first term mentioned. At the end of one old book (which I do not
own for reference now) there is a page featuring future projects. So The
titan release in TL did actually needed a few years for development.

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Emperor Titans were mobile temples to the Imperial Cult, and could mount
even mount even more weapons than Battle Titans.

From: Steve Sheldon <s_sheldon_at_...>
>"emperor class titan"
This was the category of special titans that were very rare, mystical
and of a larger build than battle class titans. Some were large tracked
fortresses armed with a small legion of princeps, others were hifortresses
armed with a small legion of princeps, others were highly
potent psyker titans not much larger than the more common warlord.

> Question 4: name all imperial titans
The Warmonger (TL rulebook, d6+2 plasma allocation) emperor class titan
was what I wanted to hear. If you consider the time the first titan was in
the pipeline, when will the second one be released? Never?

From: COOK MATTHEW JOHN <PBS4661_at_...>
> b)Apart from the Warhound and Reaver, individual configurations of
> Warlord used to have different names. And there's at least one
> additional Emperor Class Titan named in "Codex Titanicus" in TL (SM2).
Think that was called Warmonger, inbetween Imperator and Warlord
sizes.

From: Michael Reed <Reed_at_...>
> >b)Apart from the Warhound and Reaver, individual configurations of
> >Warlord used to have different names. And there's at least one
> >additional Emperor Class Titan named in "Codex Titanicus" in TL (SM2).
> >
> The Warmonger (apparently there were mock-ups for a mini release, but it
> never happened). I can't remember the names of all the variants either
> (Nemesis and Deathbringer reing a bell though).

OK, mad memory mode. As I recall, in descending order of weight, the
variant designations were:

Warlord - Nemesis, Deathbringer, Eclipse, Nightgaunt

Reaver - Goth, Vandal, Hun

Warhound - Wolf, Mastiff