Re: [Epic] Final Liberation Expansion Pack, Dark Omen, & Other Games (off-topic)

From: Richard Desnoyers <rdesnoye_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 12:29:38 -0700

At 01:09 PM 2/26/98 EST, you wrote:
>Hmmmmm. Recent issue of Computer Gaming World (Jan? Feb?) indicated another
>campaign for Final Lib and a WH40k game due out 3rd or 4th quarter this year.
>Several other people I know have also mentioned this to me. No "official"
>word on any of it, but I'm not sure that it has been dropped.

The entire FL expansion issue has been a sorry affair, but there may yet be
some hope.

Quoted from the NEWS page at Warboss Toad's Great Gargant:
2.23.98 . . . I recieved an email stating that there WILL now be an addon
for FL available at SSI's site at www.warhammer.ssionline.com. The message
said to look for it next month [ed. - that would be March '98]. Something
tells me that all the gripes on the newsgroups and the mail they've
recieved from users has led to this end. I'll try to stay on top of this
one as time permits . . .

Anyone interested in FL should check out "Warboss Toad's Great Gargant."

        http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Battlefield/8742/

You'll find all kinds of neat stuff there, including a brand new add-on map
for the quick battle mode, and all the latest news.

Another great site is the "Final Liberation Warhammer Epic 40,000
Unofficial Homepage."
                http://home.on.rogers.wave.ca/ombrelle/epic/epic.html

Yoda (that's what he calls himself) has programmed a Unit Editor, a
Resource Editor, and a Weapons Editor. All you need to do is download them.

Other ramblings:
To the best of my knowledge here is a complete listing of all the
Warhammer/GW games ever released for the PC.

1. Space Hulk (EA, 1993)
2. Blood Bowl (MicroLeague, 1995)
3. Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat (Mindscape, 1995)
4. Space Hulk: Vengeance of the Blood Angels (EA, 1996)
        [original prerelease title: "Warhammer 40,000: Dark Crusades"]
5. Warhammer Epic 40,000: Final Liberation (SSI, 1997)
        [look for a patch and possible add-on (?Armies?) in March 1998]

In the grim, dark future . . .

6. Warhammer: Dark Omen (EA, ?March 1998?)
7. Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate (SSI, ?Summer/Fall 1998?)
8. Warhammer General (SSI, ?1998/9?)

Related . . .

9. Circa 7000: Armies of Armageddon (Boku Strategy Games, ?1996?)
        [WH40K scenarios created for the game can be downloaded]

Richard Desnoyers