Re: [Epic] Plague Towers and Thunderhawks

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 17:37:09 -0500 (EST)

Caveat: for both questions I'm assuming you're asking aboutEpic (SM/TL),
not E40K. Since I'm pretty sure that's what the prevoius posters were
talking about....

Excerpts from Epic: 26-Feb-98 [Epic] Plague Towers and Th.. by Colen C.
McAlister_at_geoci
> Why, in other threads, were the Chaos players allowed Thunderhawks? I
> take it this was a house rule?

Not at all. I thought it was actually said in Renegades that the army
cards provided didn't limit the Chaos Marine forces; they could take any
regular Space Marine support card. Anyway, htat was definitely in a
White Dwarf Q&A in issue... 173? Somewhere around there, anyway; see
Allen's Q&A page (I think he's got hose written up).

> And am I the only person who found Plague Towers to be worhtless heaps
> of s**t? They had an excellent carrying capacity, but only went as fat
> as the infantry they carried; if you wanted to get anywhere, you had to
> go on Charge orders all the time, which meant that the Gunz wouldn't be
> used. Comments?

Ignore the guns. Put a Great Unclean One in there with a warband
(Plaguebearers, I faced, usually) and let 'er rip. It'll get the GUO
into previously unknown territory for the blob, i.e. the other side of
the map, and actually make his, ah, puke attack useful. Just plop him
down on an objective, and watch people try to take it away... especially
useful if it's a forest objective.

Plague Towers used this way are *no* fun to face. And don't they have
15cm move?

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...