Re: [Epic] Plague Towers and Thunderhawks

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 18:03:14 -0500

Colen Not Colin McAlister wrote:

> Two things:
>
> Why, in other threads, were the Chaos players allowed Thunderhawks? I
> take it this was a house rule?

        WD #173. The Chaos portion of the article can be found
at http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes/EPIC/SMTL/WD.q_and_a.html

> And am I the only person who found Plague Towers to be worhtless heaps
> of s**t? They had an excellent carrying capacity, but only went as fat
> as the infantry they carried;

        They move 15cm, which is actually faster than all chaos
infantry, barring a few demons (just not much faster).

> if you wanted to get anywhere, you had to
> go on Charge orders all the time, which meant that the Gunz wouldn't be
> used.

        True.

> Comments?

        I like 'em - while they don't really kick ass, they don't
really suck either. They're a nice visual addition to the army
and the get my beasts & plaguebearers into combat a turn earlier
than normal. Just don't take them against eldar or tyranids.

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"Who's laughing now?" - Evil Dead II